24 Sep Creating an Emergency Kit for the Great Shakeout
Posted at 14:00h in Bail Bonds in Antelope Valley, Bail Bonds in Burbank, Bail Bonds in Los Angeles, Bail Bonds in Newhall, Bail Bonds in Palmdale, Bail Bonds in Rosamond, Bail Bonds in San Bernardino, Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita, Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita News, Bail Bonds in Sun Village, Bail Bonds in Three Points 0 Comments
October 18th of this year will be the Great Shakeout. It is a day where schools and companies all over the world practice what they should do in the event of an earthquake. It is an opportunity for people to prepare for an emergency that can happen at any time without any warning. That is why it is important to be prepared.
One way to be prepared for an emergency like an earthquake, is to have an emergency kit ready to go. A good emergency kit will have all of the things that you need to deal with any emergency that comes your way.
- 3 gallons of water per person. This should last each individual 3 days.
- A 3 day supply of non-perishable foods.
- Baby food, diapers, and wipes if you have a baby.
- Pet food and extra water if you have a pet.
- A can opener.
- Cups, utensils, and plates.
- First aid kit.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Battery powered, or crank powered, radio and flashlight. Plus extra batteries.
- A whistle.
- Portable phone charger.
- Prescription medicine and glasses for those who need them.
- List of contact info for family members and friends.
- Important documents in a waterproof and fireproof container.
- Waterproof matches.
- A blanket.
- A supply of cash for food and travel for at least a week.
- A change of clothes and shoes for each family member.
- If you have kids, activities for young children, such as crayons and coloring books.