Preparing for court, specifically as a defendant, can be very nerve-racking. It might seem like an odd comparison, but think of it like an interview. You need to appear professional and mature. You must be honest. You cannot let emotion overcome you. Here are some helpful pointers in preparing for your court date.
- You should dress professionally. Remove sunglasses and hats. Do not wear flashy and distracting jewelry.
- You need to arrive on time, or better yet, arrive early.
- You should not chew gum.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Speak clearly when you are spoken to. Say “yes” and “no” when warranted, do not shake your head to indicate those answers.
- Acknowledge the judge as Your Honor.
- Have any necessary paperwork ready.
- Do not get angry and argumentative. You want to remain collected.
- Stand and sit straight.
- Remain focused and attentive. This is a serious matter concerning you.
Your lawyer will be able to go over additional tips in preparation for court, as well as additional guidelines. Ideally, you can prepare for trial from the comforts and privacy of your own home. In order to get there, you will first need to bail out of jail. Remember, your trial likely will not start immediately after your bail hearing, it could be weeks or even months. You probably want to bail out of jail to live at home and return to a somewhat normal and routine life.
Talk to your Arcadia Bail Bond Store bail agent today and determine the cost of bailing out of jail. Your bail agent will get you the best payment schedule possible while factoring in the premium price for your financial situation.