08 Apr Facts About The Bail Bonds Industry That You Might Want To Know
Bail bonds always receive a negative connotation because it is a concept that releases suspected, not yet convicted or acquitted individuals from jail. Many people think that those out on bail will simply skip town and ignore court. However, they don’t really know all of the facts about the bail bonds industry.
- Defendants released on bail are more likely to make all of their court appearances than defendants released on their “own recognizance” (release without a financial payment).
- Defendants released on bail are less likely to have a bench warrant issued for their re-arrest compared to those released on an unsecured release (recognizance).
- Knowing that their family and friends are providing financial support for their bail, defendants out on bail are less of a flight risk.
The justice system cannot hold all newly arrested people in jail until and during each one of their trials because:
- Jails are incredibly overcrowded and there is not enough funding.
- It is not proper “due process”. They have yet to be formally tried in court.
The bail bonds industry is the right way to balance “due process”; offering the majority the chance to bail out of jail; except for a capital crime. The bail bonds industry has proven to keep defendants out of additional trouble and in line with the terms and conditions of their release.
If you want to learn more about the bail and the bail bonds process, contact Claremont Bail Bond Store today! Claremont Bail Bond Store will be more than happy to get started on the paperwork so that your loved one can be freed as soon as possible!