Any pet owner will tell you that owning a pet makes their life better. However, what most people do not realize is that owning a pet can actually improve their health. There have been several studies that show owning a pet can be extremely beneficial for a person’s health, both physically and psychologically.
– Owners and pets share a special bond. Pets loves there owners, and get excited when they come home. It is a big deal for them. They make their owners feel wanted and needed, which is a great self-esteem boost.
– Research has shown that people experience less stress when they have a pet with them, then when they have a spouse or family member with them. This may be due to the fact that pets love their owners unconditionally.
Lower Blood Pressure
– This relates to the fact that pets reduce their owner’s stress. Reducing stress can help reduce a person’s blood pressure.
– The CDC says that owning a pet can lower a person’s cholesterol.
– Pain can be reduced by reducing a person’s anxiety, which is something pets do quite well. Pets are great at reducing their owner’s anxieties.
– Owning a pet as a child can help reduce the likelihood of that child developing allergies later in life. Studies have shown that kids who grow up around a lot of animals have little to no allergies as adults.