After filling out all sorts of forms and applications (universities, jobs, loans, credit cards, housing, etc.), you have definitely noticed the part where it asks if you have a criminal record and/ or have ever been arrested. Ever wonder how often they check; or what they can see on criminal records?
- Not everyone will run the background check on you. Many will though.
- They will be able to see any arrests and convictions from the last 7 years.
- Anything beyond 7 years will not show up.
- Anything points or records that have been erased, expunged, or pardoned will not show up.
- You should not lie about your criminal history on any application.
- Even with a criminal record, you may still be offered the job or be approved for a loan.
- If you lie, you will not get what you are applying for.
- Only answer what is being asked. Read the question carefully. Say you’ve been arrested for a misdemeanor but not a felony. The application explicitly asks if you’ve ever been arrested for a felony; you can check the “NO” box.
- If there is a mistake on your criminal record, get it corrected.
Some other pointers:
Criminal records will make securing some things a little more difficult now and then, but it won’t have to haunt you forever! If you know someone who has been arrested (or if it’s you), Castaic Bail Bond Store Services can help by providing an affordable bail bond. This will release you from jail during trial so you can at least get back to some of your regular routine. Sitting in jail is useless and will only set you back farther.
Make an appointment with Castaic Bail Bond Store Services today!